- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry ICT
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- As a Staff Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate Oracle product*s strengths, features, benefits, and competitive advantages.
- Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products.
- The primary role of a Solution Engineer is to work in a pre-sales capacity to effectively position and ensure growth of Oracle Cloud Platform services including new Autonomous Database offering to generate and support opportunities for developing customer’s business by deploying these products and cloud services.
- Solution engineer inspires customers into new technologies with focus on using AI, machine learning and blockchain innovations; defines customer solutions, associated architectures and roadmaps, followed by work in a solution oriented approach.
- As such understanding of customer needs, being able to communicate with senior customer staff, from both, business and IT perspective, and increasing value to the customer are key. Customer audiences will include business departments and IT.
- Solution engineer will become part of the regional East African Solution Engineering Team and evangelizator of new technologies serving the following main responsibilities:
- Provide high quality technical pre-sales services to customers and partners (value proposition, cloud workshops, cloud products positioning) through presentations, demonstrations/seminars, proof of concepts, installations, response to Invitations to Tender and Request for Information documents
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge on new technologies (AI, blockhain, machine learning) including DBaaS, DWHaaS and Oracle Cloud Platform
- Facilitation of customer product/cloud model understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks.
- Formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Lead and participate in marketing activities (presentations, events, articles etc.)
- Maintain knowledge and commercial awareness of the competitor product/solution offerings and value propositions
- Present the business value of newest technology trends and innovations in Oracle portfolio
- Understand the needs and pains of the customer and then to link them to Oracle Cloud
- Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and partners throughout the sales lifecycle
- Acting as an expert for the new technologies
- Minimum 3+ years of proven experience and track record related to Cloud architectures
- Knowledge, awareness and experience with Advanced Analytics such as Mining, Machine Learning, AI, “R”, Python, … is considered as a plus
- Understanding of Data Warehouse Concepts / Design and implementation including Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Architecture and Data Integration.
- Advantage having experience with Oracle database technologies, PL / SQL skills
- A good level of understanding of Oracle’s overall technologies and solutions.
- Strong results oriented attitude during customer facing activities such as the ability to identify quick win solutions based on customer needs
- Feel comfortable developing and presenting solutions to IT as well as Business users using the appropriate approach and language
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to new trends, innovation and technology, and building customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel where business requires to do so