- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Services
- Qualification Higher National Diploma, Bachelor Degree
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Information Management Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Within the scope of DRC’s Protection projects, the PIM Officer will be responsible for the supervision of the protection data collection, entry, and management activities, including formatting, creating and properly storing hard and soft-copies, data forms and data bases.
- The PIM Officer will also be responsible for the analysis of the collected protection data and the drafting of relevant reports, under the supervision of the Protection Manager and the Protection Coordinator.
ResponsibilitiesThe PIM officer’s responsibilities include:
- Ensure the collection of Protection data in line with the PIM process, and the sensitive data management standards
- Ensure the safe protection data management (create and maintain confidential data bases, manage hard copies in Maiduguri and field offices)
- Create and maintain relevant data bases and information management systems for the Protection activities
- Create and maintain adequate information collection systems, in cooperation with the M&E department, the Protection PM, and the Protection Coordinator
- Analyze the collected data and identify critical protection trends in areas of operation
- Contribute to relevant protection reports and evidence-based advocacy notes (Protection Monitoring reports, targeted advocacy notes etc.).
- 3 years work experience in a humanitarian organization
- 2 years hands on experience in data entry, data analysis, and quantitative and narrative report preparation
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Professional fluency in English and Hausa
- Knowledge of the protection activities
- Previous experience with Protection Information Management / knowledge of the PIM Process
- PIM certification
- Availability: June 1st, 2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Interested and qualified candidates should click to apply:
Candidates will provide the following:
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
Applications should be addressed to: “Protection Coordinator”.
Application Deadline 27th May, 2018.
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise will not be considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian National only.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.