- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender Both
- Industry Banking/Finance
- Qualification Bachelor Degree, Master’s Degree
A Microfinance Bank with international affiliation and a sub of a Financial Holding company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of managing director.
- The Managing Director shall be responsible for giving strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the Company achieves its financial vision, mission and long term goals.
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board.
- Plans and implements the long term business strategy of the organization to achieve the overall objectives.
- Devising a 5-year plan and working with other board members to oversee its implementation.
- Working closely with the Sales team on sales strategy and approach to winning new business.
- Carrying out regular SWOT analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Maintaining a dialogue between shareholders and the board.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Setting company budgets and forecasts alongside the finance department.
- Reporting results to the shareholders on a quarterly and annual basis.
Qualifications/ Skills Required
- 15+ years of senior level experience of management of people and resources.
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a financial industry.
- A degree in Social Sciences or any other related field. Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- A wide knowledge of the industry.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers Nigeria.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Analytical and presentational skills.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements.
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be between 40– 45 years in age.