- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Consumer Goods
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Opay is a privately owned consumer Internet company focused on bringing fair financial services to Africa. With key leadership in Lagos and Beijing, and development teams in Sweden, China and Nigeria, we have a blend of global and local talent with big ambitions for the future. After launching the Opay mobile payments service in our initial market, Nigeria, in 2018, we have quickly achieved a substantial transaction volume. We are now in the midst of an expansion of operations in Nigeria and are pursuing several new initiatives related to ride-sharing, food delivery and e-commerce.
We need a business-minded «do’er» that will take charge and help move our company forward. Our commercial team needs in-house legal assistance in handling a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities related to our ever-changing business – including:
- Contracting: supporting commercial processes and managing contract negotiations;
- Corporate governance: assisting our finance team in managing corporate record keeping and board processes;
- Compliance: working with our teams to develop and maintain compliance strategies and processes;
- Regulatory: manage license renewals and regulatory applications; and
- Legal Advice: providing our product and business development teams with support related to emerging issues.
- 5+ years relevant legal experience in Nigeria from or relating to the financial services and/or e-commerce sectors;
- Understanding and interest in technology and the Internet;
- Sophisticated understanding of commercial principles;
- Currently licensed to practice law in Nigeria.
All applications should include a curriculum vitae or resume, references, and a cover letter summarizing the applicant’s relevant qualifications and interest in the position.
Forward to email@example.com