- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Agriculture
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with over 65,000 employees in more than 120 countries supporting customers across the industry – from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s the way we work.
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
- This role is biased towards a Controls Engineering expertise with the expectation of being able to work remotely in the SSA region.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
- Check and approve layout and detail drawings. Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules.
- Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe mannerHave a basic knowledge of NDE (PMI, Dye-pen, Ultrasonic) Good knowledge of
- Hydraulic systems, symbols, schematics, etc.
- Subsea Control systems units – HPUs, UTAs, SDUs, SCMs, etc.
- Sensors (PTs, TTs) and EFLs (ODI and Siemens)
- Subsea Control systems units – MCS & SEMs, Basic knowledge of Well systems, Control Systems and IWOCS well heads, THs, etc. Working knowledge of main Standards: ISO 13628, API 17F, API 17D, NACE MR0175/SO 15156, DNV2.7.1/DNV2.7.3, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Subsea Control Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within an engineering company.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
- Willingness to travel within country up to 10% of working hours.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous: Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes.
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Able to provide problem solving in a calm and methodical manner
- Interpersonal skills working in a remote worksite with multicultural workforce