- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Services
- Qualification National Diploma
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Works under the direction of the Logistics Manager; the position is responsible of the oversight of all the ICT function of DRC Borno and Yobe State
- This position requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support administrative personnel, program managers, staff, and field staff; requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
- Planning, designing, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications and domains.
- Monitor the internet connection and bandwidth ensuring that Service Level Agreements are adhered to for Borno and Yobe State.
- Safeguard DRC data by use of security policies and procedures and implement a backup and recovery procedure.
- Implement capacity building plan, including budget, in participatory way, which should include various methodologies, including mentoring, training and advice.
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Makes recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement liaising with the procurement and logistics manager.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintains excellent communication with staff in all field offices on support related to Internet
- Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
- Advice on new technologies and draw plans for implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
National Degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems, or a related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience in similar positions
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must have strong reporting and communication skills
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and stress.
- Ability to work independently on his or her own initiative with problems solving skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Interested and qualified candidates should click to apply: