- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender Both
- Industry Services
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
- You will be responsible for the investigation, analysis and assessment of risk, and the design and implementation of strategies and processes which mitigate threats to the successful delivery of the organisation’s corporate and business plans, and desired outcomes.
In particular you will:
- Develop and implement the Jumia NG risk management plan and strategy, communicate expectations and obligations through Heads of Departments (HODs) and managers, and monitor and report on performance to improve Jumia NG risk profile.
- Identify and detect potential threats to brand reputation, financial sustainability, operational efficiency, workforce investments and safety to fully develop a shared understanding for the Jumia NG risk exposure.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of regular risk assessments and preparation of all documentation related to risk assessment, and reviews of standard operating procedures ensuring that recommended improvements are fully implemented.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to the Jumia NG HODs and Senior Leadership, complete with actionable plans for avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels. Lead implementation of programs designed to anticipate and to minimise threats to Jumia NG
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics, Management or Law.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree
- Risk management certification is an added advantage.
- Substantial experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice
- Excellent management experience, including change management, with experience of successfully engaging with staff and the Board.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders