- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Assistant
- Experience Less than 1 Year
- Gender Both
- Industry Services
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Yola, Adamawa
About the Job
- The incumbent will oversee the support function including the overall Ngala Office, Guest House and Office, coordinate with stakeholders on ground and support program team as necessary. The positions work closely with Roving Admin Assistant, roving finance and logistics and reports directly to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Prepare the bank transfer instructions for suppliers’ payment for Yola/Mubi office.
- Collect financial information from program team for the forecast purpose
- Prepare the monthly cash flow forecast and send it to the Senior Accountant Officer/finance Manager.
- Receive, check the eligibility of invoices presented in payment, identifying mistakes and missing documentation to be completed in compliance with DRC procurement procedures and budget monitoring;
- Check the justification of operational advances before making payment and ensure of the settlement in a reasonable time.
- Ensure monthly scanning of the accounting documents and save them on finance hard drive and drop box.
- Update monthly the scan report and share it with the Senior Accountant Officer and Finance Manager.
- Ensure that the withholding taxes is well calculated, recorded in the cash book and paid at monthly basis.
- Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be professional, truly meet standards and proactive approach towards problem solving
- All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following
- Experience working in local or international Non-Governmental (INGO) is considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience in general accounting, finance, and clerical experience is needed
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team to achieve work priorities and objectives.
- Enthusiasm as a team player, who is flexible, always ready to take on new challenges and drives for results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and deliver under pressure
- A Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Etc.) is considerable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The knowledge of local Language is also an asset
- Contract length: 1 year
- Level: SB 4-Step 1
- Designation of Duty Station: Yola
- Start Date: ASAP
Interested and qualified candidates should click to apply:
Application Deadline 24th May, 2018