- Offered Salary Competitive Remuneration
- Career Level Officer
- Experience 7 Years
- Gender Both
- Industry Services
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Primus integrated is founded by engineers with significant years of experience in the industry. This exposure brings valuable skills to our services and as a specialist recruitment company operating exclusively within the Energy sector.
We are currently receiving applications from highly competent Offshore construction professionals for our client an EPCI contractor providing optimum technical solutions in the offshore Energy industry. This is a great opportunity to join an established business with a diverse range of EPCI projects in the position below:
Job Title: Barge Mechanic
- To follow guidelines / procedures and schedules for the maintenance and check out of all mechanical equipment and systems.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of the electrical, fuel, water, sewage, hydraulic and pneumatic systems aboard. Preventative maintenance and repair for the barge’s cranes, compressors, work winches, anchor winches and abandon-ship systems.
- During pipeline operation will operate and maintain tension devices, conveyors, track shoes, davits, winches and hydraulic pumps.
- Will maintain equipment logs, barge ballast / fuel / oil / water inventories and reports.
- Follows a training and safety programme and attends regular safety meetings within his group.
- To carry out such tasks / duties which may be assigned by his supervisor(s).
- To be aware of mechanical equipment downtime implications.
Qualification and Experience
- The position requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Barge Mechanic.
- Should have mechanical experience with emphasis on operation and maintenance of heavy diesel engines. Required to have working knowledge of boilers, water desalination units, deck and derrick cranes, anchor winches, and generators.
- Pipeline operation requires individual to be knowledgeable of hydraulic systems relative to the operation of conveyors and tension devices.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2018.
Method of Application
- Qualified and interested candidates’ for the above position, should please email only their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in MS Word format (saved as: First name Surname Underscore position example: AvielKemka_Barge Administrator) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Subject of the email should be typed as “First name Surname Underscore position” you are applying for. Failure to follow this instruction may lead to application disqualification.
Note: Only applicants with relevant experience are encouraged to apply. Due to volume of applications expected, we will only respond to successful candidates within 4 weeks of submission.